- March 19, 2020
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: Blog
What Is Landing Page SEO?
A Landing Page is a page that focuses information targeted towards a particular user – and according to Seth Godin, optimised specifically to encourage 1 of 5 actions:
- Get a visitor to click (to go to another page, on your site or someone else’s)
- Get a visitor to buy
- Get a visitor to give permission for you to follow up (by email, phone, etc.). This includes registration of course.
- Get a visitor to tell a friend
- Get a visitor to learn something, which could even include posting a comment or giving you some sort of feedback
Landing Pages are common in internet marketing campaigns, especially email and PPC marketing management.
Aside from optimising for user action, Landing Pages can make it easier to track/analyse visitor actions, and modify as required.
So the key aim of a Landing Page is to optimize the user experience when visiting a site, especially for the first time.
This in itself is a good reason to apply them in SEO.
After all, there’s little point aiming to rank if you fail to convert.
And unlike PPC and email marketing campaign’s, we’re not going to orphan these pages, but instead set them up as major navigational links across the site.
In doing so, we’re aiming to:
- Increase the efficiency by which we can target primary keywords
- Increase the ability to capture related Longtail
- Increase the ability to convert visitors
- And, heck, maybe even track the ROI on the SEO campaign. 🙂